Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Wheat "Thins"? Yeah, Right.

Sure, you look all healthy and stuff. What with your whole grains and your low fat. And, you are super delicious when I dip you into cottage cheese or hummus. You even have the word "thin" in your name. But you're sneaky (and snacky!). Even if I carefully portion you out (16=130 calories) and tell myself that I can stay away from you if I put your box back in the cupboard, you call to me all day. And on days like today, when I'm working from home, you beg and you whine until I put you out of your misery. My only saving grace this time is that I packed you in kids' lunches all week so there weren't many of you left.

So that's it! I'm recycling your box for the last time and I'm not buying you anymore. I'm sure we'll cross paths again, but just let's just pretend we don't know each other. I'll stay out of your aisle and you stay out of my basket and we'll get along just fine. Farewell, crunchy friend.

1 comment: