Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Peggy Sue Got Shot!!! In other news, cake.

Whoa, whoa....calm down! It's not what you think. I'm okay. Well, not really. I "shot" my official BEFORE photo today and posted it on the map. I'm so NOT okay about it. Okay, DUH, or I wouldn't be doing this blog with Betty Lou. But it's a starting point. Thank goodness for Photoshop so that I could Peggy-Sue-ize my head! Check it out. Click on the placemark just west of my starting point in North Carolina.

My daughter's 13th birthday was yesterday and today we had her official party. I made a tiered super chocolate cake for her, pictured here. I had one piece and after the party promptly packaged the leftover (which was a lot) for Neo to take to work tomorrow. I did leave the top tier (6 x 2 inch) for us at home. Just because I'm on a diet doesn't mean we can't all enjoy a small piece tomorrow (there are 6 of us to share it). But with the bulk of the cake ready for transport to Neo's office, I'm in no danger of a cake binge, thank goodness.

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhh.....I love cake. I love to eat it. I love to look at it. I love TV shows about cake. I love decorating cakes (and have since I was a teenager). I love books about cake....and cupcakes. I hope to someday make cakes part-time for people. I also hope to someday be able to control myself around it. Wait! I already did that tonight! Baby steps, baby. Baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. Peggy Sue, that's the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. I'm so impressed! Good idea to send most of it away, too.

    ReplyDelete