Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No parking? No problem! I took a chill pill this morning.

For the record, I don't take chill pills, but I did wake up this morning with a new attitude.

Today, I'm back in the office after my long holiday. It's not so bad. Let's see...woke up on time, got son to school on time, got on the freeway on time, dropped baby off on time. Pretty good, huh? Uh-oh... forgot baby's blankie at home. And what's this? No parking available at the ferry and I have to drive? Oh well, what should I expect? Nothing's ever prefect. I'm here and it's actually kind of peaceful despite all the work that has piled up over the last two weeks while I was out.

I can say I am very happy that most of the holiday goodies that plague this place during the last few weeks of the year seem to have disappeared. I did hear that a couple of the big gift baskets actually did disappear overnight a couple of weeks ago. I'll have to remember to thank the cleaning crew for that... that and my missing sunglasses. Hmmmm.

B-banana
L-vegetarian chili, pear
Sn-nf latte and a dreaded snickerdoodle... but only one and it wasn't the size of my head!
Sn2- (while making dinner... I was starving! ww crackers and a couple of very thin slices of cheese
D-ww pasta with pureed butternut squash and a sprinkle of parm. cheese, broccoli and cauliflower
And then... a piece of special mexican bread that I forget the name of. It's eaten on Three King's day and it's baked with a tiny plastic baby in it. If your piece has the baby, it's a big deal.
H2O-70+ oz
Exercise-I missed the ferry so didn't even get my walking in.

Exercise hasn't been my issue in the past. I don't know what the problem is exactly. I'd love to get up early and get it over with first thing in the morning but I haven't had the energy to do that just yet. It's been dark and cold and yeah. I need to figure that part out.

No comments:

Post a Comment