Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, January 5, 2009

And if you thought my yesterday was bad...

... my today was worse but not for the same reasons. I'm not going to go into detail but let's just say it was a rotten, stressful day and leave it at that. No, let's not leave it at that. Let's say that we hope tomorrow is much, much better and leave it at that. There. Now. For my daily report. It could have been much worse considering how I felt today. Maybe it has to do with the rain. And that fact that my vacation is over. And that I feel overwhelmed. And that I didn't get enough sleep. And that it's 6:32 and we haven't eaten dinner yet. Come to think of it... I can't report yet. I haven't had dinner.

Won't you please excuse me? I'll be back in a jiffy.
I'm back... and here's the day's tally:
B-Banana, nf latte, 1/2 nf berry scone (split with Sebastian)
[insert mental breakdown here]
L-cottage cheese, applesauce, 1 oz cheese, 6 ww crackers
[insert stress and general unhappiness here]
Sn- peanuts in the shell, didn't count but not a huge amount, banana
[insert identification of potential solution to source of stress]
apple
[insert 2 phone meetings and a shuttle ride with a car seat and two kids to go pick up my car from the shop (not the source of stress but didn't help the situation)]
D-organic indian food frozen dinner- not bad, actually and only 270 calories
H2O-yes
Exercise-none
I feel better now, but I'm so glad this day is over. I'm so tired of being worried and stressed out about life in general. Have I mentioned that I hate dealing with finances? I do. I do. I do. I hate it.
Tomorrow I have to go into the office, but I'm actually looking forward to it. It will be a good distraction and I'll get some walking in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I'm feeling overwhelmed myself lately. There is so much to do and so little time to do it in. And when I do have time, I feel like I need to do something to help my sanity. Something that I want to do, not something that I have to do. I hope your today is better at the office.

    ReplyDelete