Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day 13: Daily Report




Breakfast
  • 1 c. cottage cheese
  • 1 pear
Lunch*
  • 6 bite-sized pieces fried calamari
  • 1/2 corn croquette
  • 1 bite crab cake
  • 1 spoonful coconut fried rice with shrimp
  • large serving of ginger/lime spinach salad
Snack**
  • About 500 calories worth of chocolate garbage
Dinner
  • leftover coleslaw
Water
  • More than 90oz
Exercise
  • 4 miles walking
*Lunch was out with coworkers and an author. Originally, I wasn't going to go to lunch but another meeting canceled and I was available afterall. Unfortunately, the restaurant had already been chosen, one the features absolutely delicious food from Singapore. They serve family style there, and I suggested we order the spinach salad in addition to the other dishes that were being ordered. In other words, I tried.
**It's all downhill from here.

Victories: I didn't have any garlis noodles at lunch which are one of my favorite things there and I kept all the other bad things to a minimum and stuck, for the most part, with the salad. Believe me it could have been a lot worse.
Defeats: Call it hunger, call it boredom, call it PMS. Whatever you want to call it, my chocolate breakdown was not my proudest moment. To be honest, it was one of those things where you eat one piece and then you figure you've already blown it. When I woke up, it was too late. So stupid and embarrassing.








Breakfast

  • 3/4 c. bran flakes with milk
  • 1 banana
Snack
  • small piece of leftover birthday cake
  • glass of milk
Lunch
  • 2 egg omelet with 2 Tbsp. cheese, 1/4 c. black beans, 1 Tbsp. corn, 5 slices black olives
  • small glass Simply Orange mango/orange juice
Snack
  • 1/2 peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
Dinner
  • 3/4 c. lima beans
  • 1 1/4 c. mashed potatoes (these were leftovers from Sunday dinner)
Dessert
  • 1/2 c. diet cheesecake mousse, with a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs
Late Night Snack (early dinner made me hungry by 10pm)
  • 3/4 c. bran flakes and milk
Water
  • 60 ounces
Exercise
  • Wii Fit: 30 minutes
  • pedometer: 4000 steps = 2 miles
Victories: I went to the store and DID NOT get myself a treat, even though the multi-errand trip was very stressful with an unhappy baby in the rain. I parked in the middle of the shopping center, walked to one end to a store, then to the opposite end, then back to the middle...IN THE RAIN!!! I'm following through on moving every day, but I need to step it up.
Defeats: Although my sugar addiction is getting better, I'm still having too much sweets. I think I need to post about this on another day. It's a PCOS problem, and I have to solve it with proteins, like lean meats and dairy. But that takes planning, and planning takes time, which is in short supply right now. I'm relying mostly on milk, which is great, but I need variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment