Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10: Daily Report





Breakfast
  • 1 peanut butter granola bar
  • plain yogurt
Snack
  • lf string cheese
Lunch (Breakfast for the rest of the family):
  • 1 egg, 2 whites, scrambled
  • 2 sweet potato pancakes, plain (Deceptively Delicious)
Snack
  • nachos made with baked blue corn tortilla chips, cottage cheese, and salsa
  • apple

Dinner
  • veggie chili (Deceptively Delicious...again)
  • salad with carrots, cucumber, tomato, broccoli
Water
  • more than 80 oz.
Exercise
  • 3 miles walking
  • 50 crunches and plank for 60 seconds, 2x
First about the pancakes. I don't buy pancake mix, so I made a mix with ww flour and otherwise followed the recipe from the book with the added sweet potato. I was worried that they'd be too dense, but they were delicious...so much so that I had two. They were only about 4 inches across and, thanks to the sweet potato chock full o' vitamin A. Secondly, about the chili. Once again, everyone thought it was delicious and they were all completely clueless that the "meat" was veggie product and I'd added carrot and red bell pepper puree. It was super good. For the most part, my kids will eat veggies, so I don't really have to hide them, but everything I've made from the cookbook has been so good and if we're all getting extra veggies as a result, then great! I'm sure that I'll have more to say about that book because I just spent half the day steaming, pureeing and freezing 1/2 cup portions of various veggies. And apparently, I'm bound and determined to try everyone one of those recipes.





Breakfast
  • 3 4" waffles, a little butter, minimal syrup
  • 8 oz. glass of milk
Snack
  • banana
Lunch:
  • spinach and iceberg salad with cukes, tomatoes, roasted chicken, 1 oz. cheese, asparagus, lite onion dressing
Snack:
  • 1 piece whole wheat bread with scant butter
  • 1/2 Hershey bar
Dinner
  • 1 english muffin pizza, Mexican style with 1/4 c. refried beans, 1/4 c. black beans, 2 Tbsp. corn, 3 grape tomatoes, green chilies, 1/4 c. shredded cheese, a few slices black olives, 2 Tbsp. red.-fat sour cream, sprinkling of sliced green onions
Dessert
  • 1 c. ice cream with 1 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
Water
  • about 60 oz.
Exercise
  • pedometer = 5305 steps = 2.5 miles
I had planned for the whole family to take a bike ride, but we only got as far as buying helmets for 5 of us (#4 was the only one who had a helmet). Oh well. Another day next week. But I did get some good walking in while shopping. No, seriously. I parked down at the grocery store, walked down to Target to buy helmets, walked back down to the grocery store. I got a ton of steps in. So I'm proud of that. I also bought some Kashi GoLean Crunch as well as some Kashi and Lean Cuisine frozen entrees. I don't want to rely on them, but I'd rather have some on hand so that I'm not making do with a peanut butter sandwich on a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment