Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 11: Daily Report






Breakfast
  • steel cut oats with fruit and flaxseed oil
Snack
  • hard boiled egg
  • granola bar
Lunch
  • 2 egg omelet with leftover veggie chili
  • green salad with veggies, 1 T olive oil vinaigrette
Snack
  • lf string cheese
  • apple
Dinner
  • open faced grilled chicken sandwich w/ lettuce and tom
  • diet pepsi
  • 5 fries
Late Sn
  • coleslaw made with nf dressing
  • lf sting cheese
Water
  • about 85 oz
Exercise
  • 5 mile hike
I felt hungry today. I don't know what the deal was. We went for a 5 mile hike at Muir Woods but even before that, I was famished. After, we stopped at a "healthy" burger place (really! the beef is organic and free range...but I don't eat beef. Good thing they have healthy chicken, too) and I had got the grilled chicken sandwich but dumped the top of the bun but I was still hungry when we got home thus the coleslaw and string cheese.








Breakfast
  • large bowl bran flakes (I knew it would be a long time before lunch)
Snacks while making "Linner"
  • some crackers and cheese
Linner
  • 4-5 ounces steak
  • 1 c. buttermilk mashed potatoes
  • 1/2 c. lima beans
Dessert
  • homemade apple crisp (2 servings)
Water
  • 50 oz.
Exercise
  • none--day off
Yesterday I defended my eating. Today I do not. Yesterday I was in control. Today I was not. Yesterday my mind was in the right place. Today it was not. This is the kind of day that could really screw me up. I have trouble staying in control on Sundays. We leave the house for church early, then are gone for at least 4 hours. I always come home famished and inhale anything edible in the kitchen. Sundays are a challenge. I have to come up with a solution. A double challenge existed today because it was my eldest's 13th birthday, and she asked for steak, mashed potatoes and lima beans for dinner, as well as apple crisp for dessert. One thing that went well.....I asked my parents to come over to share the dessert so there would be no leftovers.

Tomorrow I'm gonna have to exercise my butt off to make up for today! Oh wait, and tomorrow is the birthday party. And the cake. Oh boy. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I can't believe she's 13! And secondly, she asked for lima beans?!

    As for the day you had... I'm sorry. You can't undo it, but you can do better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete