Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day 24: Daily Report





Breakfast
  • toaster waffle sandwich (2 multigrain waffles, 1T peanut butter, 1/2 banana mashed)
Snack
  • orange
  • 10 raw almonds
Lunch
  • Progesso Light Zesty Santa Fe Soup
  • 2 pieces sprouted bread toast* w/ >1T butter
Snack
  • two cups popcorn
Dinner
  • huge portion of salad-romaine, chicken, lf cheddar, chopped apple, lf raspberry vinaigrette

Dessert
  • 3/4 cup choc soy "ice cream"

Water
  • 85 oz

Exercise
  • 2 hours weeding, mulching, turning over soil in son, Indiana Jones', school garden-8 miles
  • 1 mile walking (.5 to school, .5 home)

Victories: Getting over the school for garden day. It was pretty drizzly this morning and it would have been cozier at home, but I'm glad we went. It was a good day overall.

Defeats: My waffle sandwich, while yummy and satisfying, is probably no the best breakfast combo.

Observations: Gardening is hard work! But it was great to leave Young Zorro home with Marido and hang out with Indiana Jones for a while. He cracks me up.

*The sprouted bread I buy has no processed flour in it so doesn't metabolize like a normal piece of bread would. Plus, it only has 90 calories for two pieces.








Breakfast
  • 3 4" pancakes with homemade syrup, butter
  • 8 oz. milk
Snack
  • 1 Lindt truffle
Lunch
  • Chicken Caesar salad with 1 oz. parmesan, fork-dipped into dressing (1 Tbsp?)
  • 1.5 slices cheese pizza from personal pizza
Snack
  • 100 calorie pack chocolate covered pretzels
Weird Dinner
  • 100 calorie pack nutter butters
  • 3 oz. assorted cheeses
  • 3/4 c. bran flakes in milk
  • 1 c. multigrain cheerios in milk
  • 2 3" pancakes with homemade syrup, butter
Water
  • 70 oz.
Exercise
  • 45 minutes Wii Fit: step with weights (35 min), yoga poses, balance exercises
Calories/Fat/%: 2192 calories/111.5 g/46%!!!!!!!!!!! Wha?

Victories: I chose the salad at Target's snack bar while out shopping, and I only dipped my fork lightly in the very thick dressing. It was actually not bad for a Target salad. Added wheat germ and sweet potato puree to the pancakes to make them a little more healthy.

Defeats: Hmmm, where to start. The Lindt truffle by itself is not bad, and I was pretty proud of myself all the way up to dinner. I dont' know what happened. I just lost it.
I ate the cheese while shredding about 12 pounds that I had bought in block form at the store. And what was up with that carb fest? There were pancakes left from breakfast and I get a silly thrill out of making sure leftovers get eaten...I ate the last two. Stupid. It was like I was on auto-pilot. And I obviously have an addiction to cold cereal. Still not getting water.

Observations: I cannot be trusted. Okay. It was just a bad evening for food. Moving on. I didn't get the exercise I wanted to get in today. Apparently no one wants to sell step platforms around here. I'll have to order online. And I didn't get to exercise until 10pm, but I did it!! It's really important to me to follow through because I'm so good at excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment