Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Has anyone seen my friend, Mr. Bed?


I'm so tired today. I think it's mostly because, although he goes to sleep pretty easily at bedtime, son2 seems to know which mornings I get up early to go into work and he does me the favor of waking me up at the crack of dawn. Very thoughtful of him, no? No. Plus, after being off work for a couple of weeks, it's always a little tough to get back into the swing of things. I was able to get some walking in for the last two days and I know I'll feel great in a couple of weeks, but right now it's still a struggle to stick with the program.

But you know what would be great? A day of sleeping and reading. A whole day to just vegetate and not have to do anything. Yes, I know that I just had nearly two weeks off work. But I'm not talking about a day filled with holiday things or cooking for guests or wrapping presents or--least of all-- taking care of kids with the stomach flu. I'm talking about the kind of day where Marido takes the boys to his brother's ranch and I go back to bed after they leave. And when I wake up, I do whatever I please.

Tomorrow is a work at home day for me. The fact that I work at home two days/week should make things easier for me-- and in a way it does-- but it's hard to juggle everything that needs to happen on those days. The best part about it is that I can stay in my sweats all day if I want. And most of the time, I want.

I'm happy with how the first week shaped up and I've started off week two in the right direction. Let's see... only 51 weeks to go. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment