Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's Good for Patsy Cline...



Ok. so I didn't go out walking after midnight this evening, but I did go out walking after I put the Young Zorro to bed at 8pm. I'm not sure those would make good lyrics. But maybe going out in the evening is what I'm going to have to do when the days are too hectic. I don't mind, really. And although I didn't necessarily eat a lighter dinner knowing I was going to go walk after, I'll remember next time to keep it to one serving even if it is just vegetables.

I'd really prefer to get my exercise in early in the day, before everyone is up, but I just can't face the cold mornings. It may have been 70F today, but it's in the 30s in the mornings lately. There are those who may think the 30s sound warm, but not me. I hope in the spring, when it's lighter in the morning, I can work that in. Right now, getting out of bed and heading out into the cold just ain't gonna happen. I'd rather follow Patsy's example. Only I'm not as lonesome as I can be... and I've go my iPod to keep me warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment