Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Guess who walked 5 miles to Starbucks

Technically, it was 5 miles round trip, but it worked out well. I walked 2.5 miles to the shopping center, stopped at the pet store to get a razor comb to get the mats out of my silly dog, grabbed a nf latte at Starbucks, and made my way back the 2.5 miles home. Three birds with one stone. Not bad. What is bad, or at least not good, was my eating. Not balanced at all. And I'm still working on my water. But, hey, nobody's perfect. I might take me a while to cover all the bases in one day. I made some good choices and some bad choices, but I was aware of all of them and I think that's half my battle.
  • B-1/2 pear
  • Sn-nf latte (one dairy)
  • L-um...a slice of cheese and 4 ww crackers (I meant to eat more but got sidetracked--what??)
  • Sn-1/2 Sebastian's banana and a handful of peanuts (in the shell, so not many actual peanuts)
  • D-about 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows while I fixed dinner (silly but I actually looked and saw that 2/3 cup has 100 calories and I burned 889 during my walk so can't have done that much damage), salad of baby romaine, tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, 1 oz lf cheese, 4 chickenless nuggets, lf vinaigrette. Yummy salad.
  • H2O-still working on it but I will finish 64 oz
  • Exercise--5 miles walking
Tomorrow is my last day of vacation and my mom and sister are coming over. My plan is to straighten up in the morning and then use my Fluidity Bar for the 30 minute workout. It's all I'll have time for, I think. And I need to start on my water earlier in the day.



I wish I had a salad chef who could make dinner for me. I'd be happy to have that salad several times/week. And yes, I could make it myself--and I might-- but it sure would be nice if someone else would do it. And while they were at it, they could make dinner for everyone else and then clean up the mess. That would be nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment