Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

What's your focus?


I tend to make goals too difficult sometimes by obsessing over the details. So this year, I want to focus on, well, just having a focus. Nothing more...well, at least not at first. Yes, I want to lose at least 50 pounds and that's specific. But my plan for how to accomplish that is simple for now. I want to focus on:
  • Eating more fruits and veggies.
  • Making sure I get my water in daily.
  • Doing something to sweat/move my body 6 days a week.
  • Cutting back on the sugar...important for me because I have PCOS.
  • Eating slower.
I feel like if I can do these things, I'm off to a great start. Plus, because these goals are approachable, I'm not setting myself up for failure like I usually do. I really think that once I can get some good, basic habits in place I will be ready to tackle something more specific.

So what's your focus?

No comments:

Post a Comment