Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The tortoise begins her journey...

I just updated my mileage for the first time. I have gone 5.1 miles. That's 3 days of pedometer use compared to Betty Lou getting 5 miles in just today!! I'm off to a slow start; but hey, at least I started.

I have been more conscious of moving. Usually I'm all about efficient movement in the kitchen, multi-tasking and all that. But over the past 3 days I've tried to do the opposite and make as many walking trips around the house as I can. Now, that's not always possible to do when efficiency is vital to getting out the door on time or something. But as long as I'm home and in charge of the clock, I might as well get a few extra steps in. I'm amazed at how quickly those steps add up.

So, with my pathetic 5.1 miles over 3 days, I'm not even to the Highway yet to begin my journey! But I'm excited to get to that highway. And then to Raleigh. And then to Asheville. And then, miracle of miracles, I may actually make it to Tennessee!

Now, as for food today? Not even gonna go there. I just can't deal with that until Monday maybe. Too much going on and I'm taking baby steps. BUT, I did make a lovely asparagus, onion, mushroom pizza tonight that was delish! And my water is great. It will all come in time. I just have to remember that I'm making lifestyle changes and these are not quick fixes. Good habits take time to build and a nanosecond to break. I've got time to get it right.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Peggy Sue, I'm going to pay for my 5 miles... I can feel it already! I'm glad that you're on the way to the highway. Just put one foot in front of the other and I'll do the same. What else can we do?

    ReplyDelete