Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 15: Daily Report






Breakfast
  • small banana
  • 1 scrambled egg, tomatoes, spinach wrapped in 1/2 spinach tortilla
Snack
  • nf iced latte (my addiction)
Lunch
  • 1 serving lf chicken tortilla soup, hold the tortilla chips
  • salad with baby greens, grape tomatoes, 1 tsp balsamic vinaigrette
Snack
  • Pear
Dinner
  • small piece of french bread (while I was making dinner)
  • 1 oz cheese
  • Smart Ones Chicken Santa Fe (chicken, black beans, bell peppers, tomatoes)
  • 1 corn tortilla
Dessert
  • apple (chopped, cooked with cinnamon...yum)

Water
  • 80 oz

Exercise
  • 4 miles walking

Victories: The whole day was a victory. I even turned down a piece of banana bread late in the afternoon. Go Betty Lou!

Defeats:I could have done without that piece of bread, but I didn't eat more, so I'm not too bummed out about.







Breakfast
  • 1 c. bran flakes with milk (apparently I have an addiction to bran flakes)
Snack
  • 1/2 c. cottage cheese
  • 3/4 c. canned fruit (tropical blend)
Lunch
  • 6 oz. non-fat berry yogurt
  • 1 small cookie (like no bake cookies, only omitting cocoa and adding coconut)
  • 1 Lean Cuisine mushroom pizza
Snacks
  • 2 small cookies
  • 6 oz. nonfat coconut cream pie yogurt
  • 1 small apple
  • 1 piece ww bread with light smear of butter
  • 1 Tbsp. chocolate chips
  • 1 c. fresh cut pineapple
Dinner
  • 2 pieces (about 3"x3") homemade pizza with flaxseed in the crust; toppings--asparagus, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, cheese, pepperoni (4 1" pieces); sauce--1/2 canned spaghetti sauce, 1/4 carrot puree, 1/4 broccoli puree
  • small tossed salad with lite dressing
Snacks, again
  • 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips
Water
  • about 60 oz.
Exercise
  • 2 hours housecleaning
  • pedometer = .8 miles
Victories: Only having 3 of those cookies (they really were small). Whenever I make Boiled Cookies (no-bakes or gorilla poops for some of you), especially without the cocoa and with added coconut, I have a hard time controlling myself.

Defeats: chocolate chips....those were desperation moments. Not getting to at least the Wii Fit today.

Observations: I don't know what was going on today. I was starving all day long. This afternoon I kept thinking, "okay, I'll eat this and then I won't be hungry" but within half an hour I was starving again. So considering that, I'd say I did pretty dang good today. I know myself, and I know that under the circumstances I showed remarkable restraint. I'm proud of today, even though it was more food than I would like to have to report. It was a crazy day....homeschool co-ops always are, especially when I am teaching. But I did get some good housework in. I'm not sure how many miles to count that as? But seeing as how I didn't get Betty Lou's challenge until late afternoon, I'll make sure to get my minimum 3.8 miles in starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment