Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Walk, work, lunch, work, walk

A good day for me in all regards. A dang near perfect day, in fact. I could probably do without so much coffee, but that's asking a lot. I did manage to not only find parking at the ferry terminal, I also actually caught the ferry and I walked to and from the ferry building and to and from the restaurant where we had a department New Year's lunch. The restaurant is not far from the office, but it rounded out my mileage to a nice even 4 miles for the day.

Here's my day:
B-nf latte, cottage cheese, applesauce
L-chopped salad (hold the ham) and dressing on the side and one teeny tiny roll (the size of a donut hole w/o butter). This was a fabulously successful lunch for me since the menu had many many temptations. Don't believe me? Check it out the menu.
Sn- pear, nf cappuccino
D-2 scramble eggs with spinach, tofu, salsa and 1 oz cheese, 2 corn tortillas
Des-banana
H2O 70oz
Exercise-4 miles

So now onto a more pressing issue... Top Chef is on tonight after two weeks of reruns. I must get one child bathed and in bad and the other to finish his homework, read a chapter of The Boxcar Children and to bed. All in the next hour and a half. Wish me luck.

Oh and tomorrow is weigh-in week two. Wish me luck with that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment