Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Muzzle! A Muzzle! My kingdom for a muzzle!

Sorry, but we're studying Shakespeare in home school right now. I wish I had told Neo to take the leftover cheesecake to work. I had the rest of it this morning. I should've been wearing a muzzle. Or maybe I should just have my jaws wired shut.



B: 1 serving bran flakes and milk
snack: 1.75 pieces of cheesecake (ugh)
L: (at about 3pm) spinach/iceberg salad with chicken, cukes, tomatoes, lite dressing
snack: 2 Tbsp. peanut butter ("my love affair with peanut butter...a post for another day)
D: probably 2 servings of bran flakes and milk
snack: 1/4 c. chocolate chips (the kids brought those out!!!); 1 piece ww bread, mustard, roasted chicken
water: yep
exercise: 60 minutes on the Wii; 1.1 miles pedometer

With a high maintenance baby that demands to be held constantly, I have little time for exercise. I actually held him while I did some stepping on the WiiFit. Every little step during the day is important for me. I'm still not doing great on food, but I'm trying to make better decisions. You might not guess that by looking at my food report, but trust me....it's way better than I have been doing. And there are several times during the day that I have either opted to not eat or to make a healthier choice. Hopefully my weigh in on Thursday will be good. I'd be happy to just not be bigger than last Thursday.

I am so not good at waiting for weight to come off. I like problems that have solutions that can be implemented and resolved right away. Long term commitment to change is so hard for me. This will be a real test of my self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment