Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 22: Daily Report






Breakfast

  • 1/2 baked egg sandwich (1/2 of the sandwich which is made up of 2 baked eggs, roasted red peppers and 1 slice fontina cheese on ww levain bread...not a "half baked" sandwich.)
Lunch
  • the other half of the sandwich
Snack
  • orange
  • 2x2" rice crispy treat ( I know, right?)
Dinner
  • veggies (zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes), a little olive oil, and sprinkled with parmesan
Water
  • 80+ oz
Exercise
  • 2 miles walking
Victories: Almost bought muffin in the morning but went for the egg sandwich instead.

Defeats: The rice crispy treat, duh. And not enough of anything else for the day.
Observations: It was a very trying day and week. Still adjusting this whole plan and trying not to feel frustrated at every little stumbling block.






Breakfast

  • 1/2 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/2 c. tropical fruit, canned
Snack
  • 8 oz. banana cream pie yogurt, fat free
Lunch
  • 1/2 onion + 4 mushrooms, sauteed in 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 tortilla
  • 1 oz. Jack cheese
  • 3 oz. chicken
  • 1 c. spinach
  • 1 Tbsp. Greek vinaigrette
Snack
  • 1/3 c. cottage cheese
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/2 c. Kashi GoLean Crunch
  • 1/4 c. milk
Dinner
  • Lean Cuisine frozen entree: fish and rice
Snack
  • 8 oz. strawberry banana yogurt, fat free
  • 1 c. diet chocolate mousse
  • 1 slice bread
  • 1 oz. cheddar
Water
  • 60 oz
Exercise
  • 56 minute stability ball workout, BYU-TV
Calories/Fat: 1816 calories, 50.5 fat grams (25%...a little low)

Victories: With the horrible day I had today, it's a miracle that I didn't lose it. I stayed in control the whole day. More exercise than usual. I passed on the refreshments at the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby tonight--had NOTHING.

Defeats: Not getting enough water in, just barely over half of my goal. Not getting in more veggies.

Observations: The stability ball workout did not provide the aerobic workout I thought it would, but it was still a good overall workout. I used my old PolarTech watch today, so I want to start seeing how many calories I burn in my workouts but also just during the day. Hopefully I'll be able to tell if my calorie goal is realistic or not. On days when I have to be away from home, it's hard to get my water in because I don't have a good travel bottle. I had more food tonight than I normally might have, but I was trying to be careful all day and was really hungry by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment