Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

What a day for daydream... I wish.

Today wasn't the best day I've ever had for a variety of reasons. It started early with lots of things to do, but for some reason, no one else in my house was felt any urgency to get them done. Which is so unlike any other day around here... not.

I cleaned the kitchen, I cleaned the bathrooms, I did laundry, I vacuumed, I straightened, I dusted, and I made coffee (which I never had the chance to sit down and drink). I changed the baby, I bathed the baby, I dressed and fed the baby. And everyone else slept on... And so I made a lot of noise. I stomped up and down the stairs. I slammed doors. I opened and closed drawers loudly while putting away clothes. I took the recycling out and instead of dropping cans and bottles into the bin, I putting a little oomph into it. Still, three sleeping beauties slept. By now it was 10 and my mom, sister, and three nephews were supposed to be here between 11 and 11:30. Finally, I took the baby upstairs and plopped him on the bed next to my husband. The voices in my head were screaming "are you serious?? how can you be sleeping while I'm rushing around trying to get everything done around here??!!" but I didn't scream. I left the bedroom knowing full well that the baby would cry when he saw me leave the room. He did. And the rest of the house finally got out of bed and I took a shower and got ready.

Part 2 of my day involved a Christmas celebration that had been postponed by the stomach flu on Christmas day and then by bronchitis on New Year's Day. It was short and sweet and it worked out fine to spread things out. Maybe should do that every year but without including the vomit and coughing that proceeded it. The kids had fun and it was nice to get together.

And then there was the food situation. Since everyone was pretty Christmas dinnered out, we decided to just do an easy lunch type thing. I figured I'd make a salad and a vegetable lasagna. But this morning I realized (while, again, everyone was snoozing away) that I didn't have everything I needed and I didn't have time to go to the store. So I searched my cupboards for something that I thought everyone was likely to eat. I decided on sopes. What are sopes? They are delicious and bad for anyone trying to watch what they're eating. Perfect! When the time came, Marido helped me cook which is why I will probably allow him to continue living. Oh... but then the final kicker was my sister's kids wouldn't eat and it turned out that they had stopped at Burger King on the way over. What the...?

So how'd I do? Not as bad as I could have, but not stellar by any means.

B-banana, 1/2 blueberry muffin
L-one serving mexican rice (basically rice cooked in salsa), 3 sopes (3 fried four-inch homemade corn tortillas topped w/ black beans, salsa, avocado-1/4 total, tiny bit of sour cream-1 tsp total)
Sn-1 piece homemade cranberry biscotti
D-We didn't have lunch until 3 so that's was kinda dinner, too. Smart? No. But I wasn't hungry at dinner time.
H2O-check
Exercise-zilch

So what is to be learned from this day? 1)I need to enlist my family members to help with housework before I lose my mind 2) I can eat a bad food, but not go crazy and eat way too much of a bad food and 3) I really do need to get my exercise in first thing in the morning or there are always too many reasons I don't have time to do it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment