Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Someone's got a date!

It's been a busy day organizing closets and I feel pretty good about my eating so far today. There's only one problem: Marido and I are going to a late movie tonight. A date! We haven't been out in such a long time. So how is this a problem? Why the popcorn, of course. My solution? I'm skipping dinner. And how, exactly does this fit in with my goals that I posted yesterday? I does and it doesn't. I doesn't because movie popcorn is neither whole nor organic. It does because I'm refusing to fight with myself about it. We'll get a small and share. It's a planned thing, not a mindless munching thing. It'll be fine. And hey, my closets are in great shape even if I'm not... yet.

Here's how I did today:

B-nf greek yogurt with apples, 1/2 banana, and 1/4 cup granola
L- about 1 cup leftover ww pasta with marinara sauce, 1/2 croissant, baby carrots
Sn-1/2 banana, about 20 peanuts
D-movie popcorn
H2O-60 oz plus I drink a liter at the movie= 93oz for the day
Exercise-none unless you count the lifting, sorting, organizing, dumping, and donating the content of three closets.

I'm charging up my iPod nano and digging out my Nike+ shoes because tomorrow morning has a 5-mile walk written all over it.


No comments:

Post a Comment