Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking at my food journaling from today (see post below) I am wondering if you might be asking "Is this the menu of a woman on a diet?" Sure it is. Look people, this is real life. In real life, if I deprive myself all the time then I become a walking time bomb. I will drive myself insane. And just a week and a half ago it would have been a whole candy bar, and a huge bowl of ice cream. Not to mention probably 5 waffles. I know myself. I know that if I begin to have the mentality that I am suffering while trying to lose weight, I will fail. I am allowing myself more food than some might, but I am also cutting back on what I would have been eating had I not made the decision to work on my weight. This is the kind of mindset I can live with. I will not live the rest of my life on some kind of Spartan eating plan. Any decision I make now that is a better decision than I would have made a month ago is a victory. It's all progress.

And I'm not looking for some kind of Biggest Loser weigh-in, workout, or diet plan (although I do enjoy watching that show for motivation). Effective weight loss and habit changes for me will came as I slowly modify my way of life to fit a healthy lifestyle. My goal is for exercise and healthy eating to become almost second nature to me. That they will just become part of who I am. So that if you could look up "Peggy Sue" in the dictionary, you would see something like this:
  1. wife and mother of 5
  2. homeschooler
  3. crafter
  4. regular exerciser
  5. healthy eater
Yeah. That'd be just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment