Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Day 19: Daily Report







Breakfast
  • cottage cheese
  • apple
Snack
  • handful of Puffins cinnamon cereal
  • string cheese
Lunch
  • quesadilla (2 corn tortillas, lf cheese)
  • cucumber salad
Dinner
  • 1 serving ww pasta with spestich (pesto made with spinach, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan... my new creation)
Dessert
  • banana with peanut butter
Exercise
  • 6 mile hike the first half of which was straight up a huge hill (1800 ft)
Water
  • 80+oz
Victories: Getting up that hill!

Defeats: I bleached the shower earlier and I have the worst headache on earth. That's the only real defeat of the day.

Observations: I felt so good when the hike was over. Its really, really steep, but I want to do that route at least once a week. The views are amazing. I'll take my camera next time.











Breakfast

  • 2 egg omelet with onions, mushrooms, asparagus, and 3 Tbsp. cheese (Jack and cheddar)
  • 2 pieces whole wheat toast with lite smear of butter
  • 8 oz. orange guava juice
Snack
  • 1/2 c. diet chocolate banana cream mousse with 1 tsp. graham cracker crumbs
Lunch
  • Wrap sandwich--1 tortilla, 3 oz. chicken, spinach, cukes, 1 tbsp. cheese, lite dressing
  • 2 Applesauce muffins (Dec. Delicious) with carrot puree and added apple pulp from juicing
  • 4 oz. fresh apple juice
Dinner
  • 2 more muffins while making dinner
  • mini beef/turkey burger on small homemade roll with 1 Tbsp. cheese, sauteed mushrooms and onions
  • small salad with cukes and lite dressing
Dessert
  • Family reward for being as nice and helpful as possible all day--chocolate bottoms-up cake, 1 serving
Water
  • will be about 60 oz. by the end of the evening
Exercise
  • Total Body Sculpt with Gilad (about 25 minutes)
  • Pedometer: 1.17 miles
Victories: Exercising at 6 am.

Defeats: Having mousse for a mid-morning snack. I wasn't even hungry, but I had it because the kids were having it. I shouldn't have had 2 muffins at lunch. They're healthy muffins, but I really didn't need it. And I shouldn't have had 2 MORE muffins while making dinner.

Observations: It felt so good, once I was awake, to know that I was already working on my exercise. Where food is concerned, I tried something different today by eating a larger than normal breakfast to see if it would keep the snack attacks at bay. It worked pretty well. You wouldn't think it by looking at what I ate. My overeating today had nothing to do with hunger. And I let the kid who was the most helpful today pick the dessert. Luckily that recipe makes a small cake. I wouldn't call that a defeat, having the cake. But considering I also had 4 muffins today? Not the best food day. Betty Lou is so much better at food than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment