Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back in the Saddle

It's no secret that I had a bad, bad food day the other day. There's no beating around the bush about that. When I weighed-in this morning, I started kicking myself all over again about it. But then I saw a comment by one of our many, many readers that mentioned how I got back on the horse and had a better day yesterday. And it's true. I did. That's a victory in itself. Part of the reason I had a better day yesterday is because I did not want to post about another disastrous day of eating. Our daily report keeps me accountable to Peggy Sue and to myself and to all of our devoted readers. That's why Peggy Sue and I are writing this blog and bearing our souls and the horrifying numbers on our scales for all the blogosphere to see. Some people are wired to do this on their own. Clearly, we're not. We need that extra added push...perhaps not unlike the contestants on The Biggest Loser that Peggy Sue mentioned earlier, we seem need the prospect of public humiliation to succeed.

Let's be real. We're gonna have good days and we're gonna have bad days. But now that we've put it all out there for the world to see, we're both determined to meet our goals one pound and one step at a time. I'm rearing to go (get it? horse reference...) achieve the best Week 3 in history. But in order to do that, Peggy Sue, we do need to step it up. You've already talked about planning... I see your planning , and I raise you a mile a day. I only averaged 2.8 miles over 7 days last week and that's not going to get me to Shamrock on time. So my challenge is to up that daily average to 3.8 miles/day this week. You with me, Peg?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, cowgirl. Let's get this fat-wagon train a-moving!

    YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

    ReplyDelete