Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Day 30: Daily Report





Breakfast
  • small whole grain bagel egg sandwich (1 egg) with 1 oz lf cheddar
  • iced nf latte
Lunch
  • 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • banana
Snack
  • handful of blueberries
Dinner (Fresh Choice)
  • huge spinach salad w/egg, cabbage, garbanzo beans, peas, sunflower seeds, balsamic vinegar/olive oil
  • 1 corn muffin (small)
Dessert
  • 1/2 cup vanilla soft serve
Water
  • 60 oz
Exercise
  • no
Victories: I kept the dessert situation under control at dinner. I sent all leftover pizza from last night in lunches so there wouldn't be any to snack on (cold pizza... yummm)

Defeats: Not enough in the middle of the day and I was starving my the time we had dinner. Not getting my exercise in!

Observations: I didn't feel well yesterday and started off the same today. Headachey, sorta dizzy. I feel better now, but I was really up to exercising.






Breakfast
  • 1 c. pears
  • 1/2 c. cottage cheese
Snack
  • 6 oz. fat free yogurt
Lunch
  • Lean Cuisine pizza
  • spinach salad with 1 Tbsp. dressing
  • banana
  • 100 calorie peanut butter cookie pack
Snack
  • Sabotage Sandwich: 2 slices bread, peanut butter, 1 banana, 1/4 c. mini mallows (cooked grilled cheese style)
  • 6 oz. milk
Dinner
  • 1 1/2 c. cheerios
  • 8 oz. milk
Snack (out to a movie with a friend)
  • Outback: 2 crab cakes with 2 tsp. Remoulade sauce
  • Outback: Shared the dessert trio sampler with my friend
Calories/Fat/%: lost track after dinner

Water
  • 60 oz.
Exercise
  • AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH....um, no.
Victories: Did okay through lunch. I took a small bag of chocolate chips to the movie with me to keep me from buying any movie snacks, but didn't eat them.

Defeats: Sabotage sandwich. Outback.

Observations: Not good eating for weight loss over the last few days. However, considering the damage I would have done before we started this blog, it was a reasonable indulgence at Outback. I figured the 2 crab cakes were better than the Bloomin' Onion or the Cheese Fries. They were really good. The dessert sampler has a smaller than normal (for Outback) portion of 3 desserts, and we split that. So probably 1/3 or less of their normal dessert portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment