Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Weigh In: Week 6




Well, that looks like a good weigh-in to me. Not that it's what I want to weigh... but it's a couple of pounds closer to goal. I had two things going for me this week: I tried really hard to stay on plan with food and I had some unexpected stress that kept me busy and in check. I would gladly trade the reason for my stress for a the pounds I lost if it would do any good... well, maybe gladly isn't the right word... but my life lesson this week is that I can't control anything except myself. And I did. I'm happy about that. PS. by the time weigh-in day rolled around, I was about to come down with the flu. That might have something to do with it, too.



Ick. I'm just not doing so hot. I'm having real motivation problems. And I'm also having issues trying to juggle everything. I wonder if maybe I need to just focus on water, exercise, and eating good foods and not worry about recording every bite for a while. Either that or record every bite and NOT exercise. I don't seem to be very good at handling all those components, with everything else going on in life right now. Not sure how I'm going to handle this. I really didn't think I'd gain this week, because many days I didn't eat that much. I'm in a pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment