Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 35: Daily Report





Breakfast
  • 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • banana
Snack
  • apple
  • lf string cheese
Lunch
  • spinach salad w/carrot and zucchini & balsamic vinaigrette
  • 3/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • sweet potato (microwaved) w/1 tsp smart balance
Snack
  • ww pretzels
  • string cheese
Dinner
  • 4 chicken tacos (4 corn tortillas, total of about 1 cup of grilled chicken, 1 oz cheese, lettuce, taco sauce)
Dessert
  • 3 cups popcorn
Water
  • 3 liters
Exercise
  • 2 miles walking
Multivitamin
  • yes
Victories: I'd say it was a good day overall but I could have used more breakfast.

Defeats: I'd planned to walk 2 more miles this evening but life took over as it does.

Observations: Uh, hello... eat tacos much? But by limiting the cheese, they were perfectly "legal" and within my calorie allowance for the day. I was surprised to see that after dinner I still had calories left for popcorn. I'm loving this calorie thing... unless the LiveStrong is really an evil plot to make me gain more and all the calorie counts in it are fake... and I have another bad weigh-in tomorrow. Then I'll hate the calorie thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment