Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 33: Daily Report





Breakfast
  • oatmeal
  • fresh blueberries
  • fake sausage patty
Snack
  • lf string cheese
  • lf pretzels
Lunch
  • spinach salad (w/tomatoes, cucumbers, 1 oz shredded lf cheese) wrap in whole wheat tortilla
Snack
  • nf yogurt
  • lf animal crackers
Dinner
  • baked chips and salsa
  • 1 cup zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, onions over 1/4 cup whole wheat pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan and a 1/4 cup nf cottage cheese (works like ricotta)

Calories: 1603. Is that all? I feel like I ate all day long... I thought I was going to be way over on calories today.

Water: 3 liters

Exercise: Walked 2 miles

Multi-vitamin: check

Victories: I guess it was a good day.

Defeats: I'd wanted to walk more today. Could trade some of those snacky things for more nutritious stuff. Baby steps.

Observations: Maybe I really wasn't getting enough calories in before. I feel totally satisfied...myabe even a little on the full side.





Breakfast

  • 6 oz. juice
  • 1/2 ww English muffin with butter
  • 1 serving 8-grain hot cereal with milk and cinnamon sugar
Snack
  • 1 ww toast with 1 oz cheddar
  • 6 oz. yogurt
Lunch
  • 1 c. spinach with lite dressing
  • Lean Cuisine panini sandwich
Snack
  • 6 oz. yogurt
  • 8 large marshmallows
Dinner
  • Mexican pasta creation (leftover chicken, cheese, elbows, black olives, black beans, red. fat sour cream) about 1 c.
  • "BLT's" while I was making dinner....too many
Water
  • 90 oz.
Exercise
  • 1 hour Slow-robics (Fit-tv)
Victories: Exercising early in the day!!! Getting more water in, still not to goal, but more. Didn't have ice cream tonight when the rest of the family did.

Defeats: Late afternoon snacking and snacking during dinner prep.

Observations: I do well until mid-afternoon, then I lose it. It's hard for me to cook and do alright with food. I mean, cooking from scratch. When I have a Nutrisystem dinner or a frozen diet entree, it's so much easier, but then I have to make something else for the family. Always a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment