Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 40: Daily Report






Breakfast
  • 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • 1 apple
Snack
  • string cheese
  • banana
Lunch
  • salad w/veggies, lf cheese, 1/4 avocado, 6 tortillas chips, balsamic vinaigrette,and grilled chicken breast
Snack
  • string cheese
  • 1 tangerines
Dinner
  • baked potato w/1 cup broccoli and cauliflower, 1 oz lf cheddar
Dessert
  • lf vanilla yogurt frozen
Water
  • 80 oz
Exercise
  • that would be no
Calories/fat/%: 1774/66/33%

Victories: Ok food day, but a bit over my calorie goal and too much fat (all that cheese!)

Defeats: No exercise.

Observations: I like cheese.








Breakfast
  • 3/4 c. organic granola
  • 1/2 c. soy milk
  • 2 Kris Kringles*
Lunch
  • Lean Cuisine frozen entree
  • 1 c. spinach with 1/4 c. homemade salsa for dressing
  • 3/4 cup sf jello, 1/4 c. ff cool whip, 1 banana
Snack
  • 100 calorie pack of popcorn
Dinner
  • 4 small homemade waffles with butter and homemade syrup
  • 8 oz. milk
Calories/Fat/%: known = 1899/43/20%

Water
  • bad....32 oz.
Exercise
  • none...ended up not feeling well when I had planned to exercise tonight
Victories: pretty well with the planned food.

Defeats: Having the Kris Kringles at breakfast (basically Rice Krispie treats with peanut butter instead of marshmallow, topped with combo of choc and butterscotch chips). I had the first one to test it, no really, because I was going to send it to work with Neo. But the sugar base cooked too long and made the bars too hard so I told him not to take it. Didn't stop me from having a second one. Dufus. Plus, I used generic butterscotch chips and that made them not all that great. Why am I wasting calories on stuff that's "not that great"? Huh? Not getting enough veggies or water.

Observations: Too often I eat something and then go "huh, I wonder what the calories and fat are of that?" HELLOOOOO. Do the math first, idiot.
This could be a hard week, as I have a LOT of baking to do for Valentine's stuff. As for calories and fat.....I don't really know the actual number because I was doing a fair bit of tasting during baking today....testing homemade fondant, and I did eat the "debris" from leveling a 6" layer of cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment