Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 34: Daily Report





Breakfast
  • oatmeal
  • blueberries
Snack
  • apple
Lunch
  • leftover zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, whole wheat pasta
Snack
  • one absolutely delicious, homemade by a coworker for a fundraiser, from scratch with almost all organic ingredients (really!) red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting
Dinner
  • lf pretzels (while making dinner... I was starving!)
  • spinach salad with chicken, lf cheddar, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, balsamic vinager
Water
  • 90 oz
Exercise
  • 8 miles walking (to the office from the ferry, to the ferry and back at lunchtime, back to the ferry at the end of the day)
Multi-vitamin
  • yes
Calories: 1779 (over goal of 1600 but I did a lot of walking today, so I think I'm ok)

Victories: Are you kidding me?! 8 miles walking!

Defeats: I won't call the cupcake a defeat. It wasn't an impulse thing and I knew I could afford it calorie-wise. But I was starving when I got home and that could have been a disaster. I should have had something else as a snack ready for the ride home, maybe.

Observations: It's amazing that on my busy days in the office I can manage to stay on track. I think it is because I'm busy. As long as I planned a bit in advance, a busy day can be a good one.






Breakfast
  • 1 1/2 c. cheerios with milk
Lunch (spread over a couple of hours)
  • 6 oz. yogurt
  • 1 ww cheddar cheese toast (1 oz. cheese)
  • 1/2 c. granola and milk
  • salad with spinach, grape tomatoes, black beans, and HOT salsa
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips
  • 6 oz. milk
  • 4 saltines
Snack
  • Little Debbie heart shaped cakes
Dinner
  • LARGE bowl of cheerios and milk
Calories/Fat/%: 2010/62.5/28%

Water
  • 40 oz.
Exercise
  • 1 hour Total Body Workout: Aerobics--Total Body
Victories: Exercise. Not blowing it at dinner when I could have just given up on the day and eaten whatever I wanted to (I'm going through a junk food craving phase right now).

Defeats: Water. Not the best food choices. Little Debbies.

Observations: Um, the, uh, chocolate was to try to cool my mouth off after that salsa. Yeah. Cuz it's an old Aztec trick, that we, uh, learned in history! Yeah! And uh, it's the only food that will cure salsa-burn and uh.....Oh forget it. I CAVED! That salsa really was burning. I drank the milk to try and stop it...saltines too. Anyway, my trouble is that I never seem to be able to keep several things going at once. I can exercise well but my food and water will suffer. Or the water is great, but I don't get the exercise in. Guess that's my biggest challenge. Making it all work together. But at least I'm exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment