Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Weigh-In: Week 9





Somehow I did it again. I can't help but feel that I don't deserve this because I wasn't on plan for most of the time this past week. I didn't exercise at all but most days I hardly ate at all, too. I can't keep that up, even if it does look mighty fine on the scale. And as proof that that it's not good to combine a busy, stressful week with not eating right, I'm not coming down with a cold. But maybe, in some way, I am making long term changes because this week would have given my the perfect excuse to overeat and just plain not care. In addition to a crazy busy week at work, my cat, who had been sick for a while, died. I had to make the decision to take him and put him down. No amount of comfort food can bring my cat back, right?



For some reason I thought that my weigh-in from last week was lower, but it was the same as this week. Not much to be proud of, but at least I didn't gain. I'm trying to wrap my brain around why someone who wants to be slender so badly would continue to eat sabotage foods in sabotage amounts. I am so miserable at this weight....I just hate the way my body feels. I have to find a way to get through this. Now that baby Elvis is eating well and gaining weight, maybe I can relax and get back into getting myself healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment