Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Derailed.


Absent Girl's been at it again. Just when she recommits and decides to give this her all, she gets bad news from the pediatrician. Then, just when she decides that the pediatrician has Ramen noodles for brains and that she should just trust her motherly intuition and get on with it, she gets the mother of all head colds.

I have been severely derailed.

And knowing how stressful life has been lately, and also knowing that I cannot possibly keep all my irons in the fire all burning at the same intensity, I have come to realize that it's time to revamp my goals for weight loss. I still want to lose 50 pounds, mind you; but for the time being, the intensity of my efforts is going to have to slow down a bit. But seeing as how I am often an all-or-nothing girl, I think it's a good thing to try a lower intensity instead of just giving up. So in an effort to adapt to my surroundings/circumstances/pediatrician attacks, here is what I'm working toward at the moment:

  • Walking at least 3 times a week (I did walk in the snow this Monday!)
  • Drinking lots of water
  • Eating and enjoying healthy foods
  • Attempting to exercise portion control (this is so hard for me because I eat fast)
  • Limiting, not omitting, treats
I'm afraid that's the best I can do right now. But it really is better than nothing. I've gained weight over the last 3 weeks, and it's time to stop that insanity. It may take me a while, but at least I'll be moving in the right direction.

Betty Lou, thanks for not giving up on me!

1 comment:

  1. I'd never give up on you, girl! We'll get it together...together!

    ReplyDelete