Who Are We and Why Are We Headed for Shamrock?

We met online in 2005 trying to--what else--lose weight. We've had our ups and downs along the way, but we're not where we want to be. This is our journey to get fit and healthy. We invite you to follow us as we "exercise" our way across the country--track our progress on the map to Shamrock below-- in an effort to each lose 50 pounds by the end of 2009 and adopt a healthier lifestyle along the road.

Where will we go once we reach our goals? The sky's the limit... but we're thinking Greece would be nice.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers...


...and hopefully an April recommitment will bring a May reward. I want to lose 20 pounds by the end of May (and BL is trying for this as well). I have a homeschool conference to attend, and it would be so nice to have some clothes to wear for it....comfortable clothes!

Here's my plan:
  • Alli: I bought a pack of Alli yesterday and am going to try it out. It's not a rapid weight loss pill, and doesn't affect my heart (which already has issues, so that's good). It's supposed to boost your weight loss efforts, not be a weight loss tool on its own.
  • Exercise: I've been so busy and so tired that I haven't been feeling well enough or feeling committed enough to do regular exercise. So for now, I'm working in the garden for 1/2 hour each day with Obi-wan. If I can get a 1 or 2 mile walk in with the kids, I'll do it.
  • Food: This is my biggest hurdle. Low-fat is usually not hard for me to eat, but low sugar is. Until I can meet with the endocrinologist in May, I'll have to just try to eat less sugar. Eating lots of fat and taking Alli will have me spending a lot of time in the, uh, bathroom. So eating lower fat will be important. I just have to try to behave better. Ideally, I should be recording calories and fat, but I just don't have that kind of time right now. If the weight doesn't start coming off, I will do it though, because that will be an obvious sign that I'm not doing it right.
Okay. Well. Here goes. This weight has to come off. I cannot live this way. I feel like the Michelin tire guy and I hate the way my body feels. I'm so uncomfortable in my own skin. I can do this. I have to. And like BL said to me last week, if I do have to have surgery for my heart condition I really ought to be in the best shape possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment